Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Sketch

Sketch of Lanvin runway by Michael Ford

Sadly, no, this post is not about a trip to the Michelin-starred private members club on Conduit Street for afternoon tea and fashbitching, but it is, in fact, a bout of shameless self-promotion. A few weeks ago I got bored by the minimal plain walls of my modern flat, and decide to decorate them with sketches of looks from my Autumn/Winter edition of Vogue Collections while watching True Blood. Some of them didn't turn out so well....(apparently Alexander McQueen's outfits are particularly hard to reproduce!) but I think by the final few I had developed my own cartoon-style of fashion drawing. I tried my hand at some Lanvin, Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, Marc Jacobs, Moschino Cheap & Chic and some Jil Sander. Hope you like my feeble attempts :-)


Sketch of Jil Sander by Michael Ford
 Sketch of Jean-Charles de Castelbajac by Michael Ford
 Sketch of Moschino Cheap & Chic by Michael Ford
 Sketch of Marc Jacobs by Michael Ford
 Sketch of Qasimi SS10 by Michael Ford
 Sketch of Qasimi SS10 by Michael Ford 

I particularly like the childish style I had developed by the time I got to the two Qasimi SS10 outfits at the end...  Hopefully I'll have time to do more SS10 over Xmas!

Duck
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment