Saturday, 23 April 2011

Blood by Boris Bidjan Saberi


Boris Bidjan Saberi's AW lookbook just arrived at Casa di Duck and it's a stonker!  You might remember my report from the show in Paris last season, held underground, in the dark, with a glaring red light illuminating skateboarding models in what looked like last season's clothes?  Well it just goes to show that presentation technique can really influence your opinion of a collection, both negatively and positively.  In the dim light of the basement space, I, for example, was unable to tell that a third of the collection was cast in gory (and gorgeous) blood red.  Now there's a departure for Boris which was completely missed by the audience - or at least me! I love this butcher-shop look of red on red, layered jersey, leather and latex draped so elegantly about the body.  It might be reminiscent of All Saints, but it looks a damn sight better quality.  If I had been able to see this kind of detail at the show I might have written a more positive review... Now I'm actually considering buying half this stuff; I particularly want some of the red trousers and long-johns, as well as a few of the more tailored pieces from the darker section.  I just wonder what the price point will be - I'm hoping halfway in between All Saints and Rick Owens, but I have a feeling it will be closer to the latter :( 


Just goes to show, don't judge a collection by its fashion show!
Duck
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment