Friday, 20 May 2011

Smells good


I'm such a sucker for what people tell me in magazines.  I was reading 10Men (buy it!) this weekend on the plane going to Düsseldorf and somebody writing there told me to buy Prada's Amber perfume.  Now I'm not so easily swayed as that usually, but I do find it incredibly difficult to drag myself away from duty-free shops, so whilst waiting for my return flight I duly dragged myself round the perfume aisle sampling a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and somehow a bottle of Amber ended up in my basket.  And I am most pleased with my purchase :) It's quite a traditional scent compared to others I normally go for, packed with citrus, saffron and naturally a lot of amber - it kind of smells like summer evenings in Italian coastal towns.  I spritz it on and picture myself strolling along the Riviera with an ice-cream in my hand, deciding which fabulous restaurant to go to for dinner.  

Anyway, I thought this would be a good time to list my other top perfumes, the scents that I just keep coming back to...

1. Wode (Paint) by Boudicca [musky, long-lasting, smells like man-sex, blue]
2. Noir de noir by Tom Ford [sweet, honeysuckle scented, refined]
3. Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel [fresh, sporty, citrus, soap]
4. 11 - La Force by D&G [floral, sweet, young, swimming pools]
5. (untitled) by Maison Martin Margiela [dry, musky, dark, artificial]
6. Choisya by Diptyque [strong, tribal, organic, alcoholic]
7. Incense: Avignon by Comme des Garcons [intense, incense, musk, orthodox]
8. J'ADR by Anna dello Russo [sweet, vanilla, spiced, feminine]

They're all pretty different and I definitely don't have a 'signature scent'; I like to match my smell to my outfit and my mood each day. 


xxx
Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment