Monday, 16 April 2012

Wolf & Badger hits Dover Street


It's true! Early tomorrow morning I'll be on the Eurostar to Antwerp for a whistlestop shopping trip round the stock sales that happen at this time every year.  Ann Demeulemeester, Raf Simons, RA, Dries van Noten - no Belgian designer will be safe on my discount birthday shopping spree (turning 21 again on Thursday).  While absolutely fabulous, this does mean, however, that I am going to miss the Dover Street launch of everybody's favourite West London young designer emporium Wolf and Badger.  So it was pretty damn lucky that I happened to walk straight into the soft launch on my way to Dover Street Market with Brooke on Saturday.  Thank goodness I had my camera in my handbag...

Just like its Westbourne Grove cousin, the Dover Street store is filled with womenswear, menswear and pieces for the home from some of the most exciting young designers showing in London.  Commensurate with their even classier surroundings (this is the street that houses John Rocha, Acne, APC and Vanessa Bruno as well as the obvious DSM), the Wolf and Badger boys have added winners of the prestigious NewGen sponsorship to the mix.  And with a separate gallery space below, I'm pretty sure this might become the new 'IT' venue for private parties in Mayfair. 


See you all when I'm back from Belgium!

xxx
Duck