Friday, 15 June 2012

Psychic Predictions

Stasie's take on what some of the invitations this season might hint at...


Martine Rose – orange tracing paper stitched onto black foam. Thinking neoprene, decay, loose ends. Wet-suit clad zombies climbing through the broken windows of rusted-out cars in a post-apocalyptic dystopia.  Overhyphenation.


Oliver Spencer – grey and red circle with triangle. Thinking plays on geometry and proportion, mathematical precision with a feeling for statistics and commerce. Business men/bankers on a 50s beach holiday, square glasses.


Fashion East – Hammertime STOP sign shot Juergen Teller stylee. Thinking shock and awe, printed harem pants (Agi & Sam), disco jodhpurs (Meadham Kirchhoff) and shooting up junkies (Astrid Andersen).


Baartmans and Siegel – soft colours, out of focus. Thinking washed out dip-dye, surfing holidays in Devon, Hole's Malibu on the track, a cocktail in my hand but depression in my heart.


Christopher Shannon – hairy monster stomping through town oop t'noorrtth. Thinking scallies in backpacks, Rudeboyz, shag carpets and documentary photography. Louis Theroux interviews local cryptid, turns out to be cross-dressing zoo-keeper.


James Long – gold embossed leather. Same ticket as every season; continuation, luxury, glamour, 70s Milan in London 2012. Just a little bit of lust.


Pringle – spliced photography. Golfer meets Brighton beach, summer strolls on the Blackpool promenade after dropping too much acid. Tiny bit of Prada (inspired by the Met, natch).
Series to be continued if any more tickets arrive (4 more came last night :-/ ).

xxx
Duck

2 comments:

  1. Hey! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to
    him. Pretty sure he will have a good read.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Check out my web-site: example of a research paper
    My web page > introduction for a research paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Visit my site - http://platinumlimousine.org/blog/view/887/southern-florida-business-for-transaction-related-articles

    ReplyDelete