Saturday, 7 July 2012

Jean-Paul Gaultier SS 2013


I'm really into statement necklaces, colour blocking, sheer, negative heels, big shoulders, fashion turbans – but I'm not trying to be political.

Jean-Paul Gaultier showed us kilt/culotte hybrids for men, so you know I'm happy a bunny. I might not be so down with the turbans but I'm taking it they were more for styling purposes (the collection is loosely based around “India”). The belted tuxedo looks were draped beautifully and so luxurious, although they'd need a lot of altering since we're not all 6ft7 like the models in their platform shoes... My love for horizontal stripes waxes and wanes like any good gay boy's but Jean-Paul may have kick-started the romantic feelings again with a finely ribbed sweater version of his sailor classic.


JPG really knows how to pick his models, right?  And you know I'm not talking about Karlie Kloss!

xxx
Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment